We were formed in 1946…
On February 11, 1946, a meeting was called to discuss the possibility of organizing a local fire department. Neighboring fire departments had been providing fire protection, and in some cases, were never paid for the service they provided while leaving their area unprotected. Many issues were addressed and an investigation committee was appointed.
After examining the operations of other rural fire departments, a general meeting was called and on March 4, 1946, it was decided by the public to incorporate under the name of Pleasantview Fire Protection District. The district was named for the two largest school districts in the area, Pleasantdale and Plainview, and was financed through taxation.
William Boyette, William Gurrie, and Joseph Stastny were appointed as the first Trustees of the fire district by Judge E.K. Jarecki.
November 12, 1947 – The Volunteer Fireman’s Organization was formed and 75 members joined.
December 12, 1947 – William Perrott was appointed acting-chief.
February 14, 1948 – The first piece of apparatus was purchased – a 1948 John Bean, high pressure fog truck mounted on a 1948 F-7 Ford 2 1/2 ton chassis for $6,102.25.
April 12, 1948 – The first fire call in the district was received.
…and we are still serving proudly today.
Station 1 Station 2 Station 3
[fusion_old_table id=Personnel /]
[fusion_old_table id=Apparatus /]
[fusion_old_table id=SupportEquipment /]