A meeting was called to discuss the possibility of organizing a local fire department. Neighboring fire departments had been providing fire protection, and in some cases, were never paid for the service they provided while leaving their area unprotected. Many issues were addressed and an investigation committee was appointed.
March 4, 1946
After examining the operations of other rural fire departments, a general meeting was called. It was decided by the public to incorporate under the name of Pleasantview Fire Protection District. The district was named for the two largest school districts in the area, Pleasantdale and Plainview, and was financed through taxation.
November 12, 1947
The Volunteer Fireman’s Organization was formed and 75 members joined.
December 12, 1947
William Perrott was appointed acting-chief.
February 14, 1948
The first piece of apparatus was purchased – a 1948 John Bean, high pressure fog truck mounted on a 1948 F-7 Ford 2 1/2 ton chassis for $6,102.25.