COVID-19 is a virus that we are still learning about and adapting to. The Pleasantview Fire Protection District is doing its best to keep our staff and residents up to date based on the recommendations from the CDC and IDPH. We will keep this page up to date on Pleasantview’s operation guidelines as well as how to keep you and your family safe.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
When to seek medical attention:
Look for emergency warning signs. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all possible symptoms. Please call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
Call 911 or call ahead to your local emergency facility: Notify the operator that you are seeking care for
someone who has or may have COVID-19.
For more information about COVID-19 please visit:
Pleasantview’s Operating Guidelines:
On June 1st, the District re-opened it facilities to the public and all staff will discontinue working from home. Below are the guidelines that will be used when visiting any of the Pleasantview Stations.
- No groups of more than 10 people will be allowed to use the training room.
- Visitors that will be in the Station will have their temperatures taken and logged.
- Visitors will be required to wear masks when In the Station, we will supply visitors with a mask if requested.
- Visitors will be required to maintain 6 foot social distancing.
- Masks will be required to be worn by employees when interacting with the public.
- We will be placing signs throughout the Stations.
For more informations regarding Illinois Department of Labor rules for the public sector please follow the links below: