DISPOSAL OF UNWANTED PRESCRIPTIONS
PLEASANTVIEW FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT
DOES NOT ACCEPT PRESCRIPTION
MEDICATIONS FOR DISPOSAL
The preferred method is to return the medications to a collection program. Drop off the medications in the RxBox at the
- LaGrange Fire Dept. Lobby (8:30am-5:00pm)
304 W Burlington and place your unwanted medication into the secured medication box in the lobby. If you have any questions regarding the disposal of medication, please contact the Fire Department at (708) 579-2338.
- Countryside Police Dept Lobby- 803 Joliet Rd Countryside
24 hours a day -7 days a week (708-352-2171)
- Hodgkins Police Dept Lobby-8am-8:00pm Monday thru Friday
6015 Lenzi Ave Hodgkins 708-352-4623 NO LIQUIDS
Willow Springs Police Dept. 8255 Willow Springs Rd 708-839-2732
Safely dispose of your pharmaceuticals into the designated drop-off box located inside the Willow Springs Police Department during lobby hours Monday through Friday 9am – 5pm. No liquids accepted.
- Locate another collection site on the Illinois EPA website (www2.illinois.gov/epa)
DISPOSAL OF USED NEEDLES
PLEASANTVIEW FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT DOES
NOT ACCEPT USED NEEDLES FOR DISPOSAL
The disposal options for used needles are a little limited. The nearest disposal site is the Naperville Hazardous waste site. (156 Fort Hill Drive Naperville-Saturday & Sundays 9:00am-2:00pm) The household hazardous waste day sites also typically accepts property contained needles. Below are some options residents may use to dispose of needles.
- Deliver the needles to an approved hazardous waste collection site (www2.illinois.gov/epa)
- Check with the needle supplier to see if they have a return or exchange program.
- Purchase a commercial disposal products
- (see www.safeneedledisposal.org)
- Pack needles in a hard(plastic or metal)container, seal well with tape and dispose in the standard garbage collection (least desirable method)